Bitter leaf is rich in proteins, vitamins, and minerals. Bitter-leaf can grow anywhere unlike other leaves that only grow in certain places and temperature. These leaves flourish anywhere they grow. The most distinctive characteristic of this plant is its bitterness. Every part of this plant is bitter starting from the leaves to its roots. But as bitter as it is, the benefits cannot be overemphasized.
– Bitter Leaf extract tones up the liver and kidney.
The liver is one of the most important organs of the body. Without the liver, fats will not be digested inside the body to be used as energy. Bitter-leaf can be very helpful in maintaining the liver’s optimum health to release bile acid every time people eat fatty foods. Another major function of the liver is the production of glycogen. Glycogen is stored energy that is release in times of low level of glucose especially for people who do fasting. The liver should be well taken care of by using bitter-leaf. Once the liver is been damage it can’t be restored into its normal function. People with liver problems can boil a bitter-leaf and drink a glass of it every day.
Another very vital organ inside the body is the kidney. Kidney helps in the excretion of waste products inside the body. Diabetic patient can use bitter-leaf as one of their medication to prevent high sugar level in the blood. It will not only lower the sugar level in the blood but also repair impaired pancreas. As you all know pancreas is the organ responsible for the production of insulin for glucose to reach each cell to be used by the body as energy.
– It lowers Hypertension: Bitter compounds have andrographolide a bitter taste, alkaloid, and potassium. Andrographolide content of which can improve the body’s defense systems such as the production of white blood cells that attack bacteria and other foreign substances. High potassium in bitter leaf is useful to remove water and salt to treat hypertension.
– It controls the synthesis of female gender hormones, due to the presence of nutrients especially b-carotene This allows women to stay young and healthy for a longer duration of time.
– The wood ash of Bitter leaf can be used to treat fungal infections.
– The bitter leaf contains an antiseptic that is very effective to reduce the heat inside. The content of andrographolide lactones, glucosides, diterpene,and flavonoids serve to reduce Fever.
– It improves appetite.
– It increases the milk production in lactating mothers.
– It cures a cough.
– It detoxifies the whole body.
– It is helpful in treating Hepatitis B.
– It provides instant relief from fatigue.
– It cures intestinal parasitic infections.
– It can be used for the contraction of the uterus during labour.
– It is a potent herb for the treatment of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).
– It cures a toothache.
– It is used in pharmaceutic medicines as anti-helminths, laxative and as fertility inducers for barren women.
– It helps to build up the immune system.
– It is a useful herb for treating memory loss.
– It is helpful in curing Insomnia.
– Bitter Leaf is an excellent herbal treatment for combating Cancer. It does not allow cancer to spread to the different organs of the body.
– It is an effective cure for stomach ache and indigestion.
– It curbs the problem of Piles.
– It can be used to treat malaria.
– A concoction prepared from bitter leaf is an excellent herbal remedy for treating skin ailments like eczema, acne and rashes.
Bitter-leaf is a real wonder of nature. You can take the benefit of this amazing plant by squeezing its leaves in water.
Life is both sweet and bitter. The bitter part prepared you to enjoy and appreciate the sweet part, so also the bitterness of bitter leaf on leaves you awesomely healthy to enjoy the sweet things of life.